Dr. Bob’s third speciality is in the often overlooked interaction between Body & Mind — managing and often improving physical conditions like pain, fibromyalgia, and side effects from chemotherapy for cancer. Dr. Bob’s approach usually helps reduce both pain and suffering (2 different issues), even when pain cannot be completely eliminated.
He has worked successfully with nearly a hundred different conditions such as:
- Smoking cessation and other addictions and habits
- Eating problems and weight management
- Stress-induced or worsened headaches and other physical problems
While psychotherapy and hypnotherapy won’t cure cancer, diabetes, arthritis or other conditions that are primarily physical, they are excellent tools for helping people manage pain and discomfort and in rare cases , miracles happen. Quality of life increases when pain and discomfort are reduced, and people can heal faster and better when under less stress.
Clients have found Dr. Bob useful with many issues, for example:
- any kind of pain, including phantom limb, genital, birthing, nerve, muscle, back, leg, carpal tunnel, etc.
- anaphylactic shock
- arthritis – osteo-arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout
- atrial fibrillation
- preparation for operations, labor and delivery, endoscopy colonoscopy
- blood pressure problems
- cancer treatment management: minimizing side effects from chemotherapy, such as hot flashes, etc.
- chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- headaches of many sorts
- diabetes management
- GERD/acid reflux
- sleep disorders – delayed, apnea, insomnia, interrupted
- heart attack / bypass / stroke / valve repair
- mild traumatic brain injury
- myasthenia gravis
- neuropathy – diabetic and other
- ostomy/ kidney
- PMS , perimenopause , hot flashes , menopause
- Turner’s syndrome
- visual problems – adjustment and management