I think so focused a group would be pretty unusual, and is best carefully limited in duration. In my experience as a supervisor & observer of many kinds of colleagues’ groups, when a group’s membership is limited to a single symptom set, like anorexia or depression, participants quickly feel saferand better understood by other members.
But the similar world views and coping mechanisms eventually slow &/or stop therapeutic progress, often coalescing into unified group resistance to further individual change. At that point, unless members graduate to groups with different-enough problems and resources for diverse approaches to life, the group loses therapeutic energy and dwindles to a disappointing end. bd
- Apology – Sincere and Complete
- Concerned With Death?
- OA pain – Whatever works for you
- Our Sailing Vacation
- Moving Monday Practice to Chapel Hill from Carrboro
- Enhancing Emotional Support and Intimacy
- Hypnosis/Meditation All Day Group Friday, Nov 16, 2018
- Hypnosis and Novel Writing
- Corrected phone number for Dr Ross while I’m away
- I’m out of electronic contact May 5 thru May 24
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Areas of Interest
Cobalt Blue by Peggy Payne