[again slightly edited] Hey ____, I regret I didn’t check my E till just now. I’da been glad to help, and I’m sorry for whatever discomfort you experienced awaiting my reply.
I think : 1] there are more folks who don’t check E daily than those who do check regularly might imagine. 2] Your learnings this time about the % of replies people get for invitations, queries and surveys may be surprising and disappointing, certainly somewhat frustrating [ 20 psychologists didn’t respond to your query]. However your experience will guide you well in future, because No- Response is a response, and because avoiding saying “No” is, unfortunately, pretty conventional and human. And 3] Many/most people stay pretty much within their habitual paths, probably not out of callousness or malice, but rather out of
“economy/efficiency” of their perception of their limited energy.
I believe you’d very much enjoy Dan Ariely’s blog Danariely.com — he’s a brilliant behavioral economist with PhDs in Cognitive Psych & Economics, whose cutting edge influence on sophisticated people is growing exponentially.
Warmly, Dr Bob
- Hypnosis and Novel Writing
- Corrected phone number for Dr Ross while I’m away
- I’m out of electronic contact May 5 thru May 24
- Status Anxiety
- Therapeutic Hypnosis for Pain, Exploration and Childbirth
- Living Longer and Healthier
- Group Psychotherapy to Learn Essential Skills of Emotional Intimacy
- Weekly Group Therapy – Client Prep and My Background
- New Years Resolutions – Family Style
- Unconscious Learning & Memory Outside Conscious Awareness Currently Widely Accepted & Researched
Follow Bob’s Blog
Areas of Interest
Cobalt Blue by Peggy Payne